Stay Safe With Us at Saybrook Point Resort
As we look forward to welcoming you back to the Saybrook Point Resort & Marina, we want to share with you our newly implemented protocols that will support a cleaner and healthier environment for our guests and employees, Your safety has always been our priority and is now more than ever,
Spotless Saybrook Program includes practices of American Hotel & Lodging Association’s “Safe Stay” CDC-approved chemicals which have been used since the outbreak for high-contact surfaces. An Electrostatic Disinfectant Sprayer is employed for public spaces and guest rooms.
Here are some of the important things we are doing to keep our guests and employees safe:
Electrostatic disinfection achieves 360-degree,* touchless disinfection resulting from the charge created by the electrostatic sprayer which makes the disinfectant wrap around and cling to the entire surface. Our staff has undergone extensive training in preparation for our reopening on June 20th:
- A designated Hotel Manager on call 24/7 to field any concerns or questions from employees or guests so that it can be expedited.
- High-touch areas cleaned frequently including: ATM; elevator buttons; door handles, light switches, faucet handles
- Signage posted at multiple entry locations throughout ensuring guests wear a face mask upon entering the building.
- Hygiene stations located in several key areas throughout the resort.
- Saybrook Point is coordinating with a local physician Dr. Brendan Montano, to consult with them about their safe practices regarding infectious diseases.
- Strict temperature protocol for employees has been established using contactless thermometers
- Complimentary sanitary Face masks available for guests. Masks are placed in sealed bags by gloved employees.
- Carpet has been replaced in fitness center, all function rooms, service elevator, office areas, etc. with laminated plank flooring
- Acrylic sneeze guards in Spa for protection of nail techs and guests
- Fitness center cleaned twice per day plus one 45-minute break for heavy cleaning Lobby pillows on couches and chairs have been removed and seating groups adapted to smaller gatherings with separation
- Printed newspapers eliminated
- Pens, pads, tabletop mini bar, misc. small items have been removed and are available (sanitized) upon request.
- Laminated card with website and QR Code placed in guest rooms where a virtual service directory, menus etc. can be viewed
- ‘Clean Remotes’ for television sets available (sealed remotes with no crevices to collect bacteria)
- Contact-less service available; towels and trash placed outside the door and picked up by staff, replacement items placed in front of the door, sealed in plastic
- Guest room telephones bagged in plastic after cleaning
Guest Rooms & Front Desk:
- Guest rooms have a seal affixed to the door jamb alerting the arriving guest that there has been no access since the room was inspected
- Key cards are sanitized and handed to guests in sealed envelopes
- Credit card machines sanitized after each use
- Pens used for registration at the front desk are sanitized individually
- Checked Luggage at Bell stand is wrapped in PVC
Meeting or Event:
- Shared stations such as refreshment breaks replaced with several smaller satellite tables that can easily be reached within local distancing reach of guests
- Tabletop sneeze guards used in conjunction with wrapped items like fresh fruit, pastries etc. on breaks
- Reduced density of seating 60-inch tables that typically seat 8-10 now used for 5-6 people
- On Site tours will follow new guidelines and require facemasks upon entering the event space or hotel