INTRODUCING THE LIGHTHOUSE GALLERY
AT SAYBROOK POINT INN | Spring 2019
Saybrook Point Inn Celebrates 40 Years of Weddings and Special Events with a complete ballroom renovation
Situated along the picturesque coastal shores of historic Old Saybrook, the Saybrook Point Inn, Marina & Spa has been providing memorable weddings and special events for almost 40 years. From their elegant event space to the gorgeous backdrop of the Long Island Sound, the ballroom is set to undergo a major renovation this Winter. Construction will commence in February of 2019, with projected completion by mid-March. This new updated design will poise Saybrook Point to continue providing memorable events with an aesthetically pleasing design.
“The project is designed to provide significant enhancements to interior design, lighting and sound features”, according to General Manager John Lombardo.
Interior Designer, Silver Contract Interiors of Stamford, CT, will be transforming the space and providing elements that meet the needs of Saybrook Point’s social and corporate clientele. Lisa Silver commented that the new design will include:
- a pallet of colors complemented by hand-selected décor, panel molding
- new custom-designed chandeliers and wall sconces
- A magnificent floor to ceiling fireplace and updated doors and carpentry
- New window treatment features
- The flooring will be a rich woodgrain that covers the entire space of the room and eliminates the need for portable dance floors
- The updated design offers a beautiful and flexible backdrop for them to work within as well as our corporate clients looking for versatile space for meetings and team building
Saybrook Point’s long-standing commitment to sustainability will be reflected with the installation of dimmable lighting, and occupancy sensors that control energy use when rooms are not in use. Much of the design elements will include sustainable and recycled elements in their design.