The Saybrook Point Resort & Marina, offers a little bit of everything to make your stay exceptional. Expect an attentive staff to greet you at arrival and assist in finding the perfect accommodations with brilliant views to match, and this is just the beginning. Discover the true meaning of revitalization and relaxation at our spa or find your perfect stride in our state-of-the-art fitness center. Savor the fresh, local ingredients found throughout our thoughtfully curated menu at Fresh Salt. Or, if it’s not all play, allow our perceptive meeting planners to help you create the ideal corporate event with perfectly executed details at the ready. We strive to offer something for everyone and are always happy to help you plan a trip to best suit your needs.
At Saybrook Point Resort & Marina, we’re always going green(er). The natural beauty of the Connecticut coast in our backyard makes us especially conscious of our commitment to oceanic, wildlife, and wetlands conservation. From thermostats to our heat production, we’re constantly looking to alter and innovate our hotel practices to produce the smallest environmental impact possible.
Saybrook Point is one of 400 Energy Star Rated properties in the United States. We were the first Green Lodging Certified hotel in Connecticut and a member of the Green Spa Network. Saybrook Point also prides itself on its Farm to Chef Rated Program, as well as receiving the first Clean Marina Award in Connecticut.
These are just a few of the ways in which Saybrook Point Resort & Marina is a green hotel:
- 3 Saltwater pools for swimmer comfort and reduced chlorine fumes
- Paper, plastic, glass, metal and cardboard recycling
- Gutter-spout system that captures rain water, which is then used for landscape irrigation.
- Energy management system which manages energy consumption based on motion-sensing thermostats & occupancy status via communication with property management system
- Green seal recycled in-room paper products
- Complimentary shuttle service to and from Amtrak train station in Old Saybrook
- Preheat domestic water from excess waste heat
- Low VOC paint products used where appropriate
- Energy efficient & chemical-free Dolphin cooling tower treatment system
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning by water source heat pump system
- Waste water disinfection by ultraviolet light, not chlorine
- Soil Air technology decreases pathogens in wastewater naturally
- Rain sensors reduce unnecessary lawn watering
- Sun Power 46 kW PV solar system with lobby monitor combined with CoGeneration plant reduces our presence on the grid by 50%
- Bio-fuel capable generator for emergency use & demand response
- Natural gas conversion
- Energy-saving LED lighting and light switches
- Low flow toilets throughout, to reduce water consumption
- Washing machines incorporate water-recycling system
- Towel and sheet program to reduce wash frequency
- Sustainable and local sources used for seafood, vegetable and fruit offerings
- Local and organic farms utilized whenever possible
- Kitchen grease recycling to bio fuel program
- Trash compactor to minimize trucking of waste