When you’re on a family vacation, it’s most enjoyable for everyone when you find activities that everybody wants to do. Traveling with young children means that you’re going to want to find some fun kid-friendly activities to keep everyone happy, and in Old Saybrook, there are tons of fun things to do with kids that everybody will enjoy, including you! If you’re stumped on what your family should do for an afternoon, or you want to give your kids some choices, check out the list below of all of the most fun things to do with kids when you visit Old Saybrook.
The Top 5 Things to Do with Kids near Old Saybrook
Whether it’s rain or shine, there are plenty of things to do with kids both indoors and outdoors. Take them to some of the most fun attractions, geared towards children, or learn something new at a fun children’s museum. If you follow the guide we created below, we know that both you and your children will have an unforgettable time visiting Old Saybrook.
- The Dinosaur Place: The Dinosaur Place offers a 60-acre outdoor adventure park where you and your children can walk among the dinosaurs! Throughout the beautiful trails, you’ll run into over 50 life-size dinosaurs, as well as wander through a dinosaur maze, explore caves, and so much more.
- Niantic Children’s Museum: At this children’s museum, there are learning opportunities and fun for children as young as nine months old! There are four exhibits in the museum that your children will love, including the Imagination Room, Discovery Room, Outdoor Playscape, and the Roaming Exhibits. Come learn, play, and have fun!
- Bounce! Fun Center: Bounce! Fun Center is exactly how it sounds – a place where children can come and have fun on tons of different bouncy blow-up castles, slides, and obstacle courses. Bounce around, jump up and down, and give your kids an afternoon that they will remember forever!
- Hall’s Arrow: Come to Hall’s Arrow, the largest indoor archery range in all of New England, for an afternoon of fun! Get competitive with your kids and have an archery competition. If you’ve never done it before, lessons are offered so that you can get the hang of it with ease.
- Barker Character, Comic, & Cartoon Museum: Travel back in time and see toys from as long ago as 1873 when you visit this museum. Aside from toys, you can see comics from newspapers from years and years ago, and plenty of other interesting antiques.
The Finest Hotel in Old Saybrook, CT
Saybrook Point Resort & Marina is by far one of the grandest hotels in Old Saybrook. Get away for a calm and relaxing vacation, especially after a day of all of the fun you’ll have with your children. Enjoy beautiful views of the water from your guest suite or one of our gorgeous guest houses and enjoy our tranquil environment. We are located close to all of the most fun attractions near Old Saybrook, so you don’t have to worry about traveling far! To book with us, call 1-860-395-2000.