Spring means a fresh start to the year, and everything begins to feel a bit more alive around all of the Connecticut attractions in Old Saybrook, CT. The term spring break has often been associated with all-night parties and college students, but doesn’t everyone deserve a break? Step away from the daily grind and head to Saybrook Point Resort & Marina, where you’ll have access to relaxing amenities that will leave you feeling better than when you first arrived. Listed below, you’ll find numerous ways to enjoy a spring break away from the city and in the heart of Old Saybrook, CT.
Spring Is in the Air
One of the most exciting Connecticut attractions in the spring is the Stewart B. McKinney National Wildlife Refuge because it’s located in the Atlantic Flyway. More than 280 species of birds are found around the refuge during the spring and fall migrations, including songbirds, wading birds, terns, and neotropical birds. Along with birds, you’ll find stone-made walkways, blooming salt marsh pink flowers, and be on the lookout for the prickly pear cactus, which is a native cactus in Connecticut. As you’re looking for things to do in CT, we encourage you to discover how the refuge was shaped when you visit the different historic buildings at the refuge.
20 Connecticut Attractions and Things to Do
The wildlife refuge is one of the most popular things to do in CT during the springtime and with that being said, there are many other ways to enjoy your vacation. We’ve compiled a list of 20 other Connecticut attractions so that you have a variety of options to choose from during your stay. Without further ado, here’s a list of things to do, showing why Old Saybrook is one of the best places to visit in Connecticut.
- Order food to go from Fresh Salt and have a picnic at Harvey’s Beach
- Walk “The Loop” (ask the front desk for a map)
- Walk through the Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center on a rainy day
- Use our complimentary bicycles to explore (available during warmer months)
- Check out the live music at Marina Bar (May-October)
- Take a yoga class or try tai chi (Saybrook Point Health Club Daily Class Schedule)
- Indulge in a massage or one of our many spa services
- Try deep-sea fishing with Sea Sprite Sportfishing Charters
- Use our complimentary shuttle service and window shop on Historic Main Street
- Go hiking at Chatfield Hollow State Park
- Explore Great Island Wildlife Area by kayak or eco-tour with Black Hall Outfitters in Old Lyme
- Meander through the Florence Griswold Museum
- Play mini-golf next door to Saybrook Point
- Book an adventure with The Essex Steam Train & Riverboat (May-October)
- Wake up with a quick nine at Fenwick Golf Course (May-November)
- Take a dip in our year-round pools
- End the evening with a sunset cruise with RiverQuest
- Enjoy a glass of wine on the Connecticut Wine Trail
- Start the day with an award-winning Sunday brunch at Fresh Salt
- Relax in the sauna, therapeutic whirlpool, or steam room at Saybrook Point
While these are just some of the many fun things to do during spring, you’ll find other local Connecticut attractions to enjoy at Saybrook Point Resort & Marina and in Old Saybrook. Check out our Local Attractions page to learn more about the entertainment, arts, shopping and historic treasures in town. Please check out our spring seasonal packages prior to booking your stay to see how you can save money and get more out of your stay. You may also call us at 1-860-395-2000.