Fall time in Connecticut is a lovely time to explore and visit our wonderful state. Here at Saybrook Point Resort & Marina, we know all the great things to do in Connecticut in the fall and are excited to host you this year. Leave all your daily worries of life behind and head to our seaside paradise, located right in between the Long Island Sound and the Connecticut River! Our luxurious accommodations and amenities are suited for any and everyone. You will fall in love with the small-town atmosphere and want to come back year after year. Let’s keep exploring the incredible things to do in Connecticut in the fall— including going on a fall color tour on Old Saybrook, Connecticut.
Fall in Love Old Saybrook, CT
When you visit Old Saybrook in the fall, you will be receiving the full New England autumn experience. The surrounding area is full of so many beautiful fall colors, sights, smells, and more. The majestic trees almost magically change color, engulfing locals and visitors alike in a world of burning fall colors. We want to introduce you to all the local fall attractions; see below:
- Take a scenic train ride on the Essex Steam Train, a staple in Southern Connecticut
- Grab your mask and head down to Main Street to visit the Old Saybrook Farmers Market
- Enjoy a seasonal meal from Saybrook Point’s very own restaurant, Fresh Salt
- See the panoramic views from Gillette Castle State Park, where you can hike, picnic, tour the castle, and more
- Treat you and yours to an afternoon autumn cruise at the Connecticut River Museum
- Drive around on a Connecticut fall color tour along the vast Connecticut River, follow this guide for an 80-mile journey. Peep all the leaves!
- If you are passing through town, take the adventurous route through the fiery-colored New Haven region
- Pick your own fresh produce from Bishop’s Orchard, which has been open for nearly 200 years
- Journey on Old Saybrook’s hiking trails and truly get up-close and personal with the area’s natural beauty—you can pick up trail maps from the front desk
Stay on the Connecticut Shoreline This Fall!
There are so many grand things to do in Connecticut in the fall time. This year, treat yourself to a luxurious stay with Saybrook Point Resort & Marina. You have your choice from cozy guesthouses to rooms at our Main Inn. There is something for everyone to enjoy this fall. Book your fall stay with us online today!